- Dates: Friday, Sept. 23 – Sun, Sept. 25
- Location: The Lovett School, 4075 Paces Ferry Road Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30327-3099
- Cost to Attend: $250.00 per person (meals included)
- Max Capacity: 200
- Final Schedule and Hotel Information
- Leadership, Facilitators, and Provocateurs: Next Chapter Bios
- Cohort Design Challenges
An Active Process:
Instead of another traditional conference — speakers talking at passive audiences; vaguely connected sessions — you’ll join a dynamic 3-day design event focused on imagination and action.
Becoming Part of a Design Team
“Next Chapter” participants automatically become members of 7-8 person design teams.
This will allow passionate, creative, professionally-diverse attendees to collaborate actively with innovative peers and design facilitators in imagining new futures for the K12 library.
Over the course of the 3 days, teams will work closely with their experienced design facilitators to solve a variety of real world case studies in an effort to create new visions for K12 libraries:
- Listen -> empathize, ask, seek
- Imagine -> ideate, brainstorm, wonder
- Make -> prototype, craft, test
‘Big Idea’ Talks
And to add a touch of inspiration along the way, we will have a range of extraordinary voices to share short 10-15 minute ‘big idea’ talks (in the Spirit of TED talks*) as roaming provocateurs–>a traveling band of minstrels, so to speak.
–> *”TED talks” refer to short, inspired talks as shown at ted.com